SAQA Portfolio 20
Registration from April 1, 2013 to April 30, 2013
Submission Deadline: April 30, 2013
**Please be advised: submitting a work to the Portfolio will render it ineligible for submission to some juried exhibits, including Quilt National.
Guidelines for Your Artwork
Please be sure to read, understand and follow all the submission guidelines. Failure to accurately follow the submission guidelines may result in your submission being rejected from Portfolio 20.
SAQA reserves the right to edit or reject any image submitted.
- You may submit 1 entry only
- SAQA defines an art quilt as a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.
- Artwork submitted must have been completed in 2011, 2012, or 2013.
- Collaborative works are acceptable as long as ALL of the artists are SAQA PAMs.
- Artwork submitted must not have been published in any previous SAQA Portfolio.
Guidelines for Online Submission
During the online registration process you will be asked to provide artist information, a description of your piece, and to upload a digital image.
1. Submit one digital image of your full artwork.
2. Images must be of professional quality: Shot straight on, in focus, and properly lit.
3. Artwork must be shot on a contrasting background. (If your quilt is bordered in black, shoot on white or gray.)
4. All edges of the quilt must be visible. Do not crop into the borders or binding.
5. Images must be in JPEG or TIFF format.
6. Live area of the artwork (not including background) should be a minimum of 1950 pixels on the longest side. (Note: Photographs should be shot at this size – do not take a small image and increase it with software.)
If you need assistance in understanding how to determine the resolution of your images, the following resources are available. These articles are excerpts from previous SAQA Journals:
- Understanding image resolution by Gloria Hansen
- Deciphering the digital entry by Gloria Hansen
- It's a digital world by Rose Hughes
Please do not use special characters in your image file names. They are creating a problem with the firewall on the web server.
Registration has closed. No further registrations will be accepted at this time.